CppCon is the annual, week-long face-to-face gathering for the entire C++ community. The conference is organized by the C++ community for the community and so we invite you to present. The conference regular program consists of five days of six tracks of one hour sessions.
Have you learned something interesting about C++, maybe a new technique possible in C++14/17? Or perhaps you have implemented something cool related to C++, maybe a new C++ library? If so, consider sharing it with other C++ enthusiasts by giving a regular program talk at CppCon 2017.
The submissions deadline is June 11 with decisions sent by July 12.
For topic ideas, possible formats, submission instructions and valuable advice on how to make the best possible submission, see the Submissions page.
Note: Calls for lightning talks and Open Content sessions will be made this summer. The deadline for these is the conference itself.
Registration is now open for CppCon 2017 to be held September 24-29, 2017 at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue, Washington, USA.
CppCon is the annual, week-long face-to-face gathering for the entire C++ community. The conference is organized by the C++ community for the community. You will enjoy inspirational talks and a friendly atmosphere designed to help attendees learn from each other, meet interesting people, and generally have a stimulating experience. Taking place this year in the beautiful Seattle neighborhood and including multiple diverse tracks, the conference will appeal to anyone from C++ novices to experts.
What you can expect at CppCon:
- Pre and post-conference classes: Choose from these exciting classes:
- Field trip to Boeing’s Future of Flight: Join us Sunday afternoon before registration for a chance to meet other attendees and learn the meaning of jumbo.
- Invited talks and panels: Expect a week full of insight from some of the world’s leading experts in C++. Still have questions? Ask them at one of CppCon’s panels featuring those at the cutting edge of the language.
- Presentations by the C++ community: What do embedded systems, game development, high frequency trading, and particle accelerators have in common? C++, of course! Expect talks from a broad range of domains experts focused on practical C++ techniques, libraries, and tools.
- Lightning talks: Get informed at a fast pace during special sessions of short, less formal talks. Never presented at a conference before? This is your chance to share your thoughts on a C++-related topic in an informal setting.
- Evening events and “unconference” time: Relax, socialize, or start an impromptu coding session.
CppCon’s goal is to encourage the best use of C++ while preserving the diversity of viewpoints and experiences. The conference is a project of the Standard C++ Foundation, a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to support the C++ software developer community and promote the understanding and use of modern, standard C++ on all compilers and platforms.