For 2022, CppCon Academy will offer some classes that are onsite-only and some classes that are online-only. There will be no mixed onsite-and-online classes.
For individuals whose organization requires it, a certificate of completion is available for classes attended. For information contact the conference registrar.
Class and conference registration are separate. Attendees can register for either one or both. Class sizes are limited and may sell out.
Onsite classes will be held at the Gaylord Rockies September 10-11 (pre-conference) and/or September 17-18. Classes are from 09:00 to 17:00 Aurora time (MDT) with breaks and lunch included, except for Patrice Roy’s post-conference class which has slightly different hours. Two-day classes will be held either the weekend immediately before or immediately after the conference. We have a single four-day class that will be held during both weekends.
Online classes will have hours and breaks as arranged by the individual instructors, but in general will be held from 09:00 to 15:00 Aurora time (MDT). Due to the shorter number of hours per day, (all but one) online classes will be held across three days instead of two. Pre-conference online classes will be held on the three business days (W-F), the week before the conference. Post-conference classes will be held on the three business days (M-W), the week following the conference (M-W). Nicolai Josuttis’ Advanced Modern C++ Programming: The Tricky Parts is an exception. It is online, but scheduled like an onsite class.
In order to facilitate communications preparing students for class sessions, we share class attendee email addresses with instructors (and vice versa). By default we use the email address that you use for registration. If you’d like to use a different email address for the class than what you use for registration, please contact the conference registrar.
A Topical Guide to Classes
We are offering quite a spectrum of options for C++ engineers.
Language Updates: If you are interested specifically in learning about C++ language details, new language and library features, and how to use them, we offer:
- C++20 in Practice: A Complete Introduction with Nicolai Josuttis (onsite, pre)
- C++ Templates for Developers with Walter E. Brown (onsite, post)
- Modern C++: When Efficiency Matters with Andreas Fertig (online, pre)
- Programming with C++20 with Andreas Fertig (online, post)
Better Code: If you are updating your skills in general or specifically, we offer:
- Advanced Modern C++ Programming: The Tricky Parts with Nicolai Josuttis (online, post)
- Thinking Small with Patrice Roy (onsite, pre)
Design: If you are interested in:
- implementation design patterns, we offer Modern C++ Design Patterns with Klaus Iglberger (onsite, pre)
- high-level architectural design, we offer System Architecture And Design Using Modern C++ with Charley Bay (online, pre)
Demanding Environments: If you are interested in concurrency, game development, low latency, high-performance, or mixed CPU/GPU/FPGA environments, we offer:
- More Concurrent Thinking in C++: Beyond the Basics with Anthony Williams (onsite, pre)
- Performance and Efficiency in C++ for Experts, Future Experts, and Everyone Else with Fedor Pikus (onsite, post)
A Guide to Classes by Venue and Schedule
Pre-conference online classes
- Modern C++: When Efficiency Matters with Andreas Fertig
- System Architecture And Design Using Modern C++ with Charley Bay
Post-conference online class
- Advanced Modern C++ Programming: The Tricky Parts with Nicolai Josuttis
- Programming with C++20 with Andreas Fertig
Post-conference onsite classes
- C++ Templates for Developers with Walter E. Brown
- Performance and Efficiency in C++ for Experts, Future Experts, and Everyone Else with Fedor Pikus
|Advanced Modern C++ Programming: The Tricky Parts||Nicolai Josuttis||2/8||Sat/Sun (17-18)|
|C++20 in Practice: A Complete Introduction||Nicolai Josuttis||2/8||Sat/Sun (10-11)|
|C++ Templates for Developers||Walter E. Brown||2/8||Sat/Sun (17-18)|
|Modern C++ Design Patterns||Klaus Iglberger||2/8||Sat/Sun (10-11)|
|Modern C++: When Efficiency Matters||Andreas Fertig||3/6|
|More Concurrent Thinking in C++: Beyond the Basics||Anthony Williams||2/8||Sat/Sun (10-11)|
|Performance and Efficiency in C++ for Experts, Future Experts, and Everyone Else||Fedor Pikus||2/8||Sat/Sun (17-18)|
|Programming with C++20||Andreas Fertig||3/6|
|System Architecture And Design Using Modern C++||Charley Bay||3/6||WThF (7-9)|
|Thinking Small||Patrice Roy||2/8||Sat/Sun (10-11)|